Thursday, January 17, 2013

Dreaming....


I've been look at homes for sale recently.  A lot! I don't know why really, because even if we sold our house and the perfect home in the prefect area with enough land came up for sale we aren't financially ready to buy...but I still look. We don't even know where we want to live eventually.  The plan has always been to move "to town" when our house sells, rent a house, and save money for a place in the country.  Lately, we've been really liking our school district and the people we are meeting here so maybe we'd rent in our district- but closer to the school....so we'll see.

As far as our dream home eventually, Mike wants to build.  I want to find a liveable home that needs some work so we can remodel while living in it.  I've almost convinced him to come to my side ;)

These are some homes that 've seen recently that interest me.  Something I notice about my taste- I don't like new homes at all!, most of these houses look so close to their neighbors (makes me really rethink my whole moving to town idea..), I like windows and hardwood floors, and fireplaces! I'd love a big front porch too, I don't really like 2 story houses.


Photo 1 for Photo 1 for Photo 1 for 2206 SOUTHMOOR DR Champaign, IL 61821
                        From here
I like the woodsy yard look of this one.  Plus it definetly needs some work- not according to them but to me it needs lots of updates! I love the thought of having a sunroom too!

Photo 1 for Photo 1 for Photo 1 for 1421 CAMBRIDGE Champaign, IL 61821
here
Love this one.  Big windows, wood floors! Kitchen needs major updates but still decent.

Photo 1 for Photo 1 for 804 DODDS Champaign, IL 61820
here
hardwood floors, big windows, fireplace! it's almost too big for me though...
Photo 1 for Photo 1 for 1205 MAYFAIR Champaign, IL 61821

here
I kind of love this one.  I usually don't like 2 story houses because I like to think about getting really old in a house and I don't want to mess with stairs when I'm old! I'm also not a big fan of split levels but like the layout of this one.  Plus it totally needs some updates!
Photo 1 for Photo 1 for 2806 E CONCORD Urbana, IL 61802
here

It has stairs but I like the rest of it.  hardwood!  I like the entry too..

Photo 2 for Photo 2 for Photo 2 for 1506 OLYMPIAN E Urbana, IL 61802
hereNothing special on the outside, but it has some potential. I don't like the little dining nook thing at all- wonder what they were thinking when that was designed/bult?...I'll have to do some googling to see if people do neat things to those windowless rooms! Mike would love a giant pole barn!  I don't know why a family room and lving room would be right next to each other either...Seems kind of repetive to me.  Maybe make one a guest room/office...
Photo 3 for Photo 3 for 6710 WEST ARROWHEAD N Urbana, IL 61802
here 
Lots of potential but- family room is kind of strange with the fireplace in the middle, the ridiculously large master bedroom! I don't really like the idea of my kids sleeping on a different floor than me either.  I know i'm just paranoid but I want them close..maybe I'll feel differently when they are older. Love the yard here too!

While I'm dreaming here, I can't forget my other dream

I'm not picky about color so whatever you want to buy me is fine ;) It must have a hitch though! We can't wait to finally take our pop-up camper somewhere!  Soon! 













No comments: