Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Eli turns 5!!

Can't believe Eli will soon be in kindergarten! Eli was all about his birthday this year ( as in " since its almost my bday can I have...." ) reminded me of myself ;)
We haven't had a lot of parties with friends ( maybe only 1..) but since Rowan's having a sleepover this year Eli really wanted a party. We decided on inviting a friend ( whose mom I'm friends with) to Jupiters for a pizza lunch and playing games. Then he decided he wanted to go to the ice cream place close to us instead. This sounded much better ( cheaper!) to me so I agreed!
We invited the friends over for lunch and to play and then we went for ice cream. We were supposed to play mini golf there too, but I was able to talk him out of that since it was such a hot day! The kids had a lot of fun! ( she has 3 boys too and one is a year younger than Rowan so they know each other from school).
Eli also got to pick out any cereal he wanted! This is a huge deal with my kids. We don't eat a lot of cereal and if we do its for snacks only because it is a horrible breakfast food! So Eli picked Lucky Charms ( I bought the generic of course) and he was so excited to eat it for breakfast! We've been decorating with streamers ( started for Silas's bday which I need to blog about..) and I did his bed when he was sleeping.

Eli chose ribs for supper! And instead of cake we made banana splits! We put the candles in a brownie that we baked for the sundaes. The banana splits were so fun! Eli picked out all the toppings and was so excited about it!























1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still can't believe Eli is 5! he's growing up so fast!