Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter hangover

We had the longest weekend ever! Ugh. So. Much. Driving. Poor Silas. He really is an awesome baby, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to be put in that carseat again for a while!

Mike took off Friday so we could go see my grandma. We didn't go around Christmas because of our car issues and we don't go on weekends because we try to avoid any chance of seeing my dad. Of course he ended up being there and acted like it hasn't been almost 5 years since he'd seen us and my kids should totally just call him grandpa. WTF?!?! In case you don't know the math Rowan was almost 3 and Eli was a week old. They'll be 8 and 5 this summer! I'm still pretty pissed about it and the fact that they tried to plan a cookout so I could meet the brother I just found out about a few years ago! Luckily her house is not at all safe or friendly for kids so we weren't able to stay that long. I feel bad because I love my grandma but I really don't see us going back there for quite a while. My kids don't need that and neither do I.

After we left their house we ate some yummy food we can only get over there and of course we felt like crap afterwards ;) on the way home we detoured to go to the Amish area to get done groceries and eggs. Of course we didn't realize it was Good Friday and everything was closed until we got there. Oops! We stopped at the outlet mall before going home and finished at DQ.

Saturday the boys had art school ( have I mentioned how much we love this?!) and we decided to head to Amishville afterwards to get eggs ( we eat a lot of eggs and we can get fresh eggs really cheap there so it's worth the trip once a month). Mike found some cheap Lunchsbles at one of the stores and the boys at that for lunch. Pretty sure that was a first! They were so excited ;)
We headed home to clean since my mom and sister were coming over for dinner. We had an egg hunt too and may have had some wine and Nutella gooey butter cake- omg good!

Sunday we headed to mikes grandmas. It's the longest 1.5hr trip ever! There's no direct way there, it's actually pretty close to my grandmas. She has all these rules like nobody can eat till everything is ready. So even though she has veggies and cheese out ( like most people would put out as snacks before the meal) she doesn't let people eat it. Of course then nobody eats that stuff with their meal because they are eating all the other food. You'd think she'd learn but apparently not. She'll also cut the pies into giant pieces and not even leave a knife there so people can cut them smaller. This time mike had pie first so he went and got a knife and cut them all smaller. Haha! ;) by the time we went to bed last night I felt like we'd been moving all weekend- I was asleep before 9!

The boys were both off today and slept till 8! Yeah! Mike goes in late on Monday so I made pancakes ( we put compost on two plates and told them that was breakfast! April fools!) they helped clean their room and put away laundry and after lunch we finally got around to dyeing our Easter eggs!












No comments: