Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Garden/ Pumpkin Patch







Our garden is pretty much all Mike's I really haven't done much to it at all, but remember I started the summer out HUGE and now usually have a baby in my arms so I'm not much help at all. But NEXT summer I am getting into the garden. Mike has a dream for our future which involves us having a farm, not the corn, beans, tractor kind of farm, but an organic garden kind of farm. I'm starting to get into the idea so I figure I'll have to help and maybe even learn something about the garden ( I barely know what the weeds are, Rowan probably knows more than me). I've decided that the way for me to get involved and learn more is to start a blog all about the garden- OOHH exciting right? Then I can keep track of what I learn and how the garden is doing- like where everything is planted, Mike sometimes forgets little details like that!








Anyway the garden is doing great and we are trying to come up with creative ways to eat tomatoes everyday. Mike underestimated the germination power of the pumpkins and we now have a gazillion (or like 13) pumpkins, BIG, ORANGE pumpkins, so we are ready for fall and Halloween- if only it weren't the end of August!


Not the best pic. but the left side is pretty much all pumpkin- behind the sunflowers is a corn field, that's why it looks so tall!
This is the left side of the garden, Mike says this is one large pumpkin plant- I don't really believe him..

4 comments:

libbygirl said...

Are you trying to make us jealous over at the CARE garden?

Quigs78 said...

LOL

We're just going to come to your garden come harvest time!

Quigs78 said...

It was awesome to see you guys today!

I tagged you for a meme - you have to go to my blog to check it out...

Amy said...

I bet Quigs has already been here. But I tagged you for a meme on my blog...go check it out =)