Sunday, December 15, 2013

Snow Weekend

Friday afternoon the boys had their christmas concert at school. Mike took off work so he could go and it was so fun to see them up there singing. Eli was really excited! ( I took pics with my phone so they aren't very good. Oops)

After the concert we took the boys to Dairy Queen for a treat. Eli had a Carmel shake and Rowan a hot fudge shake. Silas loved trying to sneak bites of everyone's treats with the spoon we gave him.
The boys were staying the night at my moms Friday night so we took them over after our ice cream. Mike made my mom a wooden tree with lights for her front yard so we had stopped by and set it up earlier to surprise her. We pulled up right after her and she was quite confused. Haha. But she was really excited when we said it was from us.

After we dropped the boys off mike and I headed in town with Silas to finish our Christmas shopping and hopefully get back home before it snowed too much. We went to dollar tree and it was just starting to snow when we headed to Walmart. Of course we were in there waaaaayyyy to long and when we came out the van and ground were covered in snow and it was coming down really heavy! The roads weren't too bad but it took forever to get home since most people were driving 25 :/

Saturday we woke up to maybe 6-8" of snow! And it was still coming down! I had sent the boys snow pants so they had fun at my moms and mike and I and Silas had a nice lazy ( and quiet!) day at home. They plowed our road in the afternoon and then we went to get the big boys.

We came home and made hamburgers and watched some Christmas videos. Eli and Silas fell asleep before Rowan so he laid in bed with us and watched tv. We don't get much time alone with just Rowan so it was nice. He's so grown up when Eli's not around. We are trying to take the kids on individual dates so they get time with just us and without each other. Rowan went with mike a few weeks ago but Eli has lost his everytime :/

Sunday we all bundled up to play in the snow. It's not my favorite thing at all but it was Silas's first time so I went out. He was miserable so we weren't out long. He did like hitting the big chunks of snow the boys gave him! I got to try out the snow thrower we got last year from friends who moved to California ( Thanks D!). Um. It's awesome! I would even help clear the snow and I never do that! It was great to have especially since Mike has been having a lot of back pain lately ( I'm sure I would have shoveled if I had to..)

The rest of the day was pretty lazy- football, movies, and me napping with Silas on the couch! Then we dipped some marshmallows and candy canes in melted chocolate and sprinkles. I got a little package to send to the family of Mike's friend who passed away and u thought the kids would like these. We put in some hot cocoa spoons and a little gift for the kids too. I'm sure this will be a hard Christmas for them....

Forgot to mention that mike and I wrapped all their presents when they were at my moms! I almost always wrap on Xmas eve and every year I vow to not to do that again. Mike has to pick up like 2 small things for them and then we are done! Of course I didn't get their teacher gifts yet... But we have till Friday. Still doing better than usual!





























No comments: