Thursday, August 21, 2014

School! !

Wow! Didn't I just blog that school was out?? This summer flew by, I think even faster than usual! 

I can not believe Rowan is already in 4th grade! I don't even want to think about how he's almost in jr. High! ! And 1st grade for Eli! I'm definitely curious to see how he'll adjust to having homework this year!

This year the night before school started they had an open house so we could meet there teachers and bring in supplies. I really liked it and it was nice to not be as rushed for the first day. I even made them ride the bus the first day since their stuff was there already ;)

Eli is really excited to have several friends in his class. His teacher seems great and I've heard really good things about her so I'm excited for him! Every day he comes home telling me that 1st grade is the best! I met with his speech therapist today and she's going to informally work on the "r" sound with him in a group ( of 2nd graders he'll be excited cause he loves the older kids!) She usually doesn't address that sound in 1st but thinks it'll be good to work on since he's had lots of speech issues. Last year he started with an IEP because of all the speech issues he needed to work on and this year he's not even formally getting services!  He's done so great we are so proud of him!

Rowan doesn't have any close friends in his class ( Like last year :/) but he likes several of the kids so I think it'll be fine. His teacher seems nice too. Of course he's already finding things to complain about - the other class has Legos.... hopefully he can have a good year in spite of that ;)

They have a new bus stop that's a few blocks away. Mike takes them in the morning cause he leaves for work but in the afternoon they will usually walk. So far it's been fine there's a group of kids so that makes me feel better.

Silas has been obsessed with his bookbag since school started. It's pretty cute. He wore it both times we went to the school and he wears it at home a lot. I thought he'd be really upset when they'd leave but he's been fine. He is really excited when they get home though.

No comments: